Technology Hiker

Take What is Given: Weather & Weekend Adventures

img_7073Life has been especially busy recently with family and work.  This Thursday night and Friday, I’m planning a 24 hour adventure to a California National Park.  My original plan was to leave Thursday night, summit an objective on Friday, and return late Friday night.  My goals were either Alta Peak in Sequoia National Park or Cathedral Peak in Yosemite.

Spending time outdoors helps with patience.  Take what is given with weather.  The Sierra weather forecast is marginal on Friday with wind, snow above 8,000′, and up to an inch of rain at lower elevations.  I’m not going to push through bad weather – especially with limited time.

Plan B is either exploring Pinnacles National Monument or if the weather improves a low elevation hike at Hetch Hetchy in Yosemite.  I’ll make a decision later this week, and I can’t wait to get outside from a longer period of time regardless of the weather.